As a Florida homeowner, you understand that your air conditioning system is one of the most important investments you’ll ever make for your humble abode. You also know that in order to keep your system functioning efficiently for years to come, you need to give it some TLC.
Perhaps you’ve diligently scheduled preventative maintenance appointments with a professional HVAC company throughout the years, or maybe you’re just considering it now. In any case, it’s a good idea to know what exactly goes into a professional preventative maintenance appointment so you can ensure your HVAC system is getting the best of the best.
Read on for a helpful AC maintenance checklist for every homeowner.
AC Maintenance Checklist
No two HVAC companies are exactly alike, but reputable companies won’t cut corners when it comes to servicing your system. Whether you’re servicing your system yourself, or you’ve entrusted an HVAC company, we recommend following this AC maintenance checklist.
Keep in mind that most of the tasks under ‘General AC Maintenance’ and ‘Cooling Specific’ are better left to the pros. Still, we’ve included a few ways you can help maintain your system below.
General AC Maintenance
- Inspect the cabinet for leaks
- Inspect the drain lines for proper flow and clear any clogs if necessary
- Check the cabinet door to ensure it closes securely
- Inspect the drain pan and clear any excess water
- Check the fan motor
- Check the blowers and blades for adequate airflow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Clear debris surrounding the outdoor unit
Cooling Specific Maintenance
- Clean the condenser and evaporator coils
- Inspect the ductwork for debris including dust and mold
- Check the refrigerant levels
- Check the electrical system and connections
- Clean and adjust the blow components
- Clean the evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils
- Observe the humidity levels in your home
Actions You Can Take Yourself
- Inspect your air filter and clean or change if necessary
- Clear debris near the outside of the unit
- Test your thermostat to make sure the temperature is correctly set
- Change the batteries if necessary
Find the Right Help for Your Home With Sansone
At Sansone, we have an entire team of skilled technicians. Whether you have issues with plumbing, air conditioning, heating, or ventilation, we can help. From repairs to installations, contact us today for all of your AC needs in South Florida.
Broward: (954) 800-2858
Palm Beach: (561) 701-8274
St. Lucie: (772) 879-5656